Website Westin Virginia Beach Town Center
Westin Virginia Beach Town Center
Department: Guest Services Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Reports To: Front Office Department Head / Assistant General Manager
Grade/Level: Hourly/Supervisor Amount of Travel Required: No travel required
Work Schedule: Flexible Hours (Mon-Sun) Positions Supervised: None
The Front Desk Supervisor supervises the operation of the front desk to maintain the highest productivity, employee morale, and guest service as possible. He/She will accommodate hotel patrons by registering and assigning rooms to guests, issuing room keys or cards, transmitting and receiving messages, keeping records of occupied rooms and guests’ accounts, making and confirming reservations, and presenting statements to and collecting payments from departing guests.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
· Greet, register, and assign rooms to guests of hotels or motels.
· Verify customers’ credit, and establish how the customer will pay for the accommodation.
· Contact housekeeping or maintenance staff when guests report problems.
· Make and confirm reservations.
· Issue room keys and escort instructions to bellhops.
· Keep records of room availability and guests’ accounts, manually or using computers.
· Post charges, such those for rooms, food, liquor, or telephone calls, to ledgers manually or by using computers.
· Compute bills, collect payments, and make change for guests.
· Record guest comments or complaints, referring customers to managers as necessary.
· Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, guest registration, and travel directions, or make recommendations regarding shopping, dining, or entertainment.
· Clean and maintain lobby and common areas, such as restocking supplies and watering plants.
· Plan, schedule or supervise the work of other employees.
· Advise housekeeping staff when rooms have been vacated and are ready for cleaning.
· Responsible for assisting guests with check-in and check-out, plus all special requests for services or information, in accordance with SOP’s.
· Assists in training of new associates and maintains constant training of agents as cashiers.
· Ensures all members of the staff are completely familiar with all hotel emergency procedures.
· Works with desk agents to balance at end of shift and ensures completion of shift checklist.
· Smiles and greets all guests immediately in a gracious and professional manner; handles all guest questions and problems within empowerment guidelines.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience: Two (2) to three (3) years of supervisory experience, with at least one year experience at the front desk.
Computer Skills: Basic computer skills required.
Certificates & Licenses
Must have: General knowledge of office procedures and practices, and skills in the use of standard office equipment. Excellent verbal and written communication, public relations and telephone skills. Ability to maintain confidential information.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to follow verbal and written instructions. Must be able to communicate orally and written in English.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
Physical Demands Lift/Carry
Stand C (Constantly) Walk C (Constantly) Sit O (Occasionally) Handling / Fingering C (Constantly) Reach Outward F (Frequently) Reach Above Shoulder O (Occasionally) Climb N (Not Applicable) Crawl N (Not Applicable) Squat or Kneel O (Occasionally) Bend O (Occasionally)
10 lbs or less C (Constantly) 11-20 lbs O (Occasionally) 21-50 lbs O (Occasionally) 51-100 lbs N (Not Applicable) Over 100 lbs N (Not Applicable) Push/Pull
12 lbs or less C (Constantly) 13-25 lbs F (Frequently) 26-40 lbs O (Occasionally) 41-100 lbs N (Not Applicable)
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33% – 66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
To apply for this job please visit careers.crestlinehotels.com.