Travelodge By Wyndham
Travelodge by Wyndham is now seeking a Guest Services Agent to join our team at the Travelodge by Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront location in Virginia Beach, Virginia.
The Guest Service Agent is responsible for providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests during check-in, throughout their stay, and at checkout, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
Education & Experience
* College course work in related field helpful.
* Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
* High School diploma or equivalent required.
* Computer experience required.
* Customer Services experience preferred.
* Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
* Light work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
* Ability to stand during entire shift.
* Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
* Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
* Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service- oriented manner.
* Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and name tag.
* Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
* Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
* Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
* Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
* Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
* Perform other duties as requested by management.
* Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in accordance with Wyndham standards.
* Answer guest inquires about hotel services, facilities and hours of operation in a timely manner.
* Review Front Office log and Trace File daily.
* Follow all cash handling and credit policies.
* Be aware of all rates, packages and special promotions as listed in the Red Book.
* Be aware of closed out and restricted dates.
* Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations and follow the rate-quoting scenario.
* Have knowledge of emergency procedures and assist as needed.
* Handle check-ins and checkouts in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
* Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system.
* Be able to perform and complete all tasks and duties on the shift checklist in a timely and efficient manner.
* Be able to complete a bucket check, room rate verification report, and housekeeping report.
* Balance and prepare individual paperwork for closing of shift according to hotel standards.
* Maintain and market promotions and guest programs.
* Maintain a clean work area.
Job Location: Travelodge by Wyndham Virginia Beach, 2802 Atlantic Ave, Virginia Beach, Virginia 23451
Employment Status: Full-time
To apply for this job please visit yahoo.com.