Website Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel
The Beach is our Backyard!
The Sales Manager is responsible for effectively soliciting and becoming familiar with all accounts in his/her market segments. He/she is also responsible for prospecting and closing on assigned accounts/territory to positively impact the hotel’s top line room and event revenues based on the goals assigned to the hotel. 50% of this job requires outside sales calls.
· Approach all encounters with guests and team members in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
· Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Shamin standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
· Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which includes a nametag and proper attire when working.
· Comply at all times with Shamin standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
· Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
· Have knowledge and understanding of all department policies and procedures, and communicate and enforce all policies fairly and consistently with staff.
· Minimum expectation is to meet set revenue productivity and booking goals; preference is to exceed set goals.
· Meet or exceed sales activity goals as assigned by the Director of Sales.
· Operate the Sales Department within established sales expense budget.
· Initiate and follow up on leads.
· Develop a full working knowledge of the operations of the hotel, including Food and Beverage, Guest Services and Reservation
· Maintain and participate in an active sales solicitation program.
· Routinely make outside sales calls to clients and prospective clients.
· Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends within your market or assigned segment.
· Utilize the sales system according to Shamin standards
· Regularly contact existing accounts based on the tracing frequencies found in the sales system.
· Invite clients to the hotel for entertainment, lunches, tours and site inspections.
· Assist in the preparation of required reports in a timely manner.
· Be familiar with all Shamin sales policies and selling techniques with an emphasis on maximizing occupancy and Average Daily Rate (ADR).
· Conduct a professional, thorough site inspection of the hotel with clients, exhibiting key features and benefits of the property
· Understand the competitors in the market and the strategy to sell against them.
· Participate in the S.W.O.T. analysis
· Meet and greet onsite contacts.
· Abide by Prime Selling Time (PST)
· Participates in Lobby Ambassador program
· Attend all training/meetings as required by management.
· Cross-sell other Shamin hotels
· Customarily and regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment
· Perform other duties as requested by management
To apply for this job please visit jobal.in.