Website Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel
The Beach is our Backyard!
This position is considered entry level and assists in the organization and duties of the Sales & Catering department by functioning as the central contact for information specific to this department. The Sales Coordinator is responsible for clerical, administrative and other supportive duties for the Sales Department to provide top notch customer service. This position should support the Director of Sales and Sales Managers to allow these positions to remain focused on proactive selling.
Approach all encounters with guests and team members in a polite, friendly and service-oriented manner.
• Answer incoming telephone calls
• Create and deliver welcome and group directional signage
• Create new office amenities for clients and VIPs
• Create and Maintain Account File System
• Process incoming and outgoing mail and correspondence
• Create purchase orders and maintain department checkbook ensuring adherence to budgetary guidelines
• Prepare general correspondence, proposal letters and sales contracts
• Retrieve, review and disseminate incoming sales leads via email, telephone and hotel group lead distribution to appropriate Sales Manager in a timely manner.
• Complete all group turnovers for Group and Local Bookings
• Maintain hotel’s social media sites
• Create Banquet event orders for all internal meeting functions
• Organize conference collateral and promotional material needed by Catering/Group Sales Manager
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Shamin standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to t he needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which includes a nametag and attire when working.
• Maintain high standards of office organization while maintaining a clean and uncluttered work area.
• Comply at all times with Shamin standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Prepare and process correspondence, contracts, Banquet Event Orders, thank you letters, function information and agendas as requested.
• Maintain an accurate and up-to-date filing system.
• Build and manage group blocks and reservations in the property management system and sales system
• Ensure that the information in the sales systems matches the property management system
• Operate within the established sales expense budget.
• Utilize the automated sales system according to Shamin standards
• Assist in the preparation of required reports in a timely manner.
• Be familiar with all Shamin sales policies
• Conduct a professional, thorough site inspections of the hotel with clients, exhibiting key features and benefits of the property
• Understand the competitors in the market and the strategy to sell against them.
• Participate in the S.W.O.T. analysis
• Meet and greet onsite contacts.
• Attend all training/meetings as required by management.
• Perform other duties as requested by management
To apply for this job please visit jobal.in.