Website Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel
The Beach is our Backyard!
The Restaurant Manager is ultimately responsible for all food & beverage operations on a daily basis; essentially being the “face of these operations with a hands-on approach and an understanding that full on-the-floor” member and staff engagement is critical. The Restaurant Manager consistently provides superb dining and other food and beverage experiences for guests. This senior level position works closely with and reports to the Director of Food and Beverage.
• Be the primary coordinator of food and beverage budgeting, hiring, training, orientations and creating team environment and supervision of associates.
• Liaise on an on-going basis with the Sales Department to ensure all guests needs and requirements will be met
• Oversee the operation of the following facilities and functions: Banquet Facilities, Restaurant, Room Service, and Lobby Bar.
• Have a strong and highly visible and respectful presence with guest, be an exceptional communicator, have the maturity to instinctively know how to treat guest with a high-level of service. Further, he or she must be able to communicate these expectations to the staff with and positively motivate them to understand and execute to those expectations.
• Report to the GM and lead a team comprised of the F&B Team and Culinary Team.
• Develop interesting and innovative ways of promoting; incremental revenue for outlets, use relevant marketing techniques to drive guest usage of food and beverage operations, assuring guest needs and desires are consistently met and often exceeded.
• Oversee, with Banquet manager and Catering Sales Team on all banquet events, assuring guest satisfaction and profitability.
• Be responsive to guest requests for menu selections, event planning, etc., and strive to find creative ways to accommodate reasonable guest requests; believe in the service philosophy; “the answer is yes, now what is the question?”
• Work with appropriate departments and recommend strategies that will achieve the goal of consistently providing outstanding Food and Beverage experience for our guest.
• Researches new products and develops an analysis of the cost and profit benefits.
• Review new techniques for food preparation and presentation in a manner and variety that maximizes guest satisfaction and minimizes food costs.
• Have a strong sense of urgency and responsiveness, while also maintaining quality and integrity of the plan.
• Recommend, monitor and manage policies, operating procedures and staffing for all food and beverage operations.
• Enable innovation and drive results. Execute successful food and beverage marketing programs collaborating with the Director of Catering to artfully leverage revenue management within tight margins driving profits to the bottom line with solid financial controls. Coordinate with the Executive Chef on menus to create enticements that capture both in-house guests and the local market share, achieving or beating sales goals.
· Provides the vision, leadership and strategy to inspire associates to deliver exceptional service and drive financial success. Embrace and promote Shamin Hotels culture TOPS.
• Ensure compliance with all health and safety, liquor consumption, and other food and beverage regulations; keep current on all matters pertaining to the food and beverage industry
• Protect guests, associates and the asset by overseen Food and Beverage operations safety to ensure a comfortable environment for guests and associates’ safety. Take proactive preventive measures to maximize workplace safety and loss prevention
• Have responsibility over all beverage inventories and purchases
• Maintains appearance, upkeep and cleanliness of all food and beverage equipment and facilities.
• Ensure a professional attitude and proper business attire when on property, ready to meet or service a guest at any time
• Monitors employee dress codes according to policies and procedures.
• Mentor the development and growth of associates resulting in high employee retention
• Maintains records of special events, house counts, food covers and daily business volumes.
• Rewards and recognizes team members who utilize their empowerment to meet or exceed guests expectations
• Be a servant leader, hands –on, lead by example mentality. Model and promote the vision and culture
• Ensures proper handling of guest complaints and service outages
• Complete quarterly china, glass and silverware inventories.
• Approves design of all food and beverage and banquet menus.
• Establishes and maintains professional business relations with vendors.
• Recommends to the general manager operating hours for all food and beverage outlets.
• Serves as manager on duty on a scheduled basis
• Helps develop wine lists and bottle or glass wine sales promotion programs.
• Is committed to improving all aspects of the operation on a daily basis.
Flexibility to work various schedules as business demands including nights, weekends and holidays
To apply for this job please visit jobal.in.