Website Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel
The Beach is our Backyard!
Sets up bar with supplies (fruit, garnishes, cocktail napkins, glassware, etc.) and product prior to opening to ensure a smooth flow of service.
· Ensures the correct display of products to enhance sales and showcase selection.
· Receives and prepares drink orders from guests and servers using standard pours and recipes; ensures accuracy of order
· Rings drink orders into register, collects money and makes correct change
· Promotes events as needed
· Provide immediate attention to all guests upon seating, is a good listener and takes genuine interest in enhancing guest relations
· Closes down bar, making sure inventory is locked and secure, bar cleaned and sanitized and supplies put away
· Assists servers with serving food and beverages when necessary
· Wear a big smile and make guests feel welcomed and happy
· Informs guests of daily specials and chefs specialties
· Takes guests orders accurately and timely
· Places order with kitchen; informs cooks about special cooking instructions
· Serves beverages and meals according to standard operating procedure
· Performs quality check to ensure guest satisfaction
· Removes soiled places and glass ware according to standard operating procedure
· Suggests and serves dessert, coffee and after dinner drinks
· Verifies accuracy for prices, tips and other charges on all checks
· Handles cash and credit card charges according to standard operating procedure
· Clear and reset tables when the guests have left the restaurant.
· Keeps table, dining room and bus station areas clean at all times
· Advises supervisor of any complaints as soon as they occur
· Performs clean-up and closing duties as assigned by manager
· Attends pre-shift line-up as requested by the Supervisor or Service Director
· Reviews and turns in Z report with correct cash drop and credit card slips
· Performs any task asked by supervisor which is job or guest related
· Report to work in a neat and clean uniform. Well-groomed hair and personal hygiene are essential.
· All guests must be treated in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strive to exceed guests’ expectations.
Health & Safety Responsibilities
Ensure high standards of health and safety are maintained at all times.
Complete required cleaning tasks in accordance with the restaurants daily and weekly tasks sheet, ensuring the work has been completed to a high standard.
Ensure any faults or problems with equipment and the venue are reported.
Work in a way that minimizes risks to the health and safety and security of self and others.
Ensure all cleaning products and any other substance that could cause a health risk is used according to the data sheet.
To have a full understanding of the fire evacuation procedures.
Legislation & Company Policy
Gain TIP certification within 3 months of acquiring the job.
Check identification of guests to ensure guests are of legal age to consume alcoholic beverages. Refuse to serve beverages in a polite manner to guests who are not of legal age.
Use judgment and reasoning to cope with difficult situations, such us preventing a guest from alcohol intoxication, dealing appropriately with an underage guest. “Carding a minor and delivering a glass of water rather than refusing service or confronting the guest”
If a guest is consuming alcoholic beverages, observe guests behavior, count number of drinks served and if the server feels they should not drive, offer a taxi. Do not hesitate to ask a manager to intervene.
Understand and actively support all company policies relevant to your role.
Capability to effectively communicate with guests and team members.
Flexibility to work various schedules as business demands including nights, weekends and holidays.
To apply for this job please visit jobal.in.