Website Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel
The Beach is our Backyard!
The main purpose of this job is to ensure the customer receives the highest quality of services. To assist the operational running of the Restaurant and ensure that staff are fulfilling their duties to the best of their ability:
• Ensure all venues open on time and that they are ready for business.
• Ensure excellent front of house service, allocate and support staff throughout the shift to maintain speed of service and cleanliness of venue.
• Keep staff busy and productive at all times.
• Ensure staff meet the standards of the Restaurant, addressing and correcting bad practice where need be.
• Maintain back of house and front of the house to a high standard.
• Liaise on shift with Head Chef to resolve problems and ensure great service.
• Complete daily paperwork to ensure the safe running of the venues and for those standards to be monitored and maintained throughout the shift.
• Pre-empt and actively responding to problems that arise and keeping management up to date.
• Ensure all venues close on time, end of day jobs completed to a high standard, staff are signed off promptly, all back and front of house areas checked and secured and that venues are in excellent order for the next day’s service.
• To actively maintain all areas within your remit.
• To clean and maintain all equipment and notify management of any issues.
• Assist in cash handling procedures as required
• Feedback on your shift to the managers and supervisor taking over.
Stock & Financial Control
Provide supervision and assist in the timely and accurate completion of tasks in relation to the following;
• Tills to follow all till and Cashing up procedures and ensure all staff are following these correctly.
• Detailed check of deliveries for accuracy and quality of product.
• Ensuring stock is received and secured.
• Ensure stock rotation is applied when storing deliveries and that the correct storage method is applied to each product.
• Display stock levels should be monitored throughout your shift and replenished as required.
• Recording any wastage.
Assist in the training of Restaurant staff
• Assist in induction days as required.
• Monitor new staff and allocate “shadows” for their first few shifts.
• Report back to the managers any areas where refresher training may be needed.
• Help coach and bring staff through.
• Brief staff at the beginning of shifts and debrief at the end.
Health & Safety
• Ensure high standards of health and safety are maintained at all times.
• Complete required cleaning tasks in accordance with the Restaurant daily and weekly tasks sheet, ensuring the work has been completed to a high standard.
• Ensure the storage areas are kept in a clean, tidy and safe condition.
• Ensure any faults or problems with equipment and the venue are reported.
• Work in a way that minimizes risks to the health and safety and security of self and others.
• Ensure all cleaning products and any other substance that could cause a health risk is used according to the data sheet.
• To have a full understanding of the fire evacuation procedures.
Legislation & Company Policy
▪ Gain TIP certification within 3 months of acquiring the job.
• Have a full understanding of the licensing law and all other legislation relevant to your role.
• Understand and actively support all company policies relevant to your role.
• Ensure personal mandatory training is up to date.
• With the help of others, review own work against the requirements for the role and identifies any development areas.
• Identifies with reviewer additional development areas which will provide support to the team.
• Identifies problems as they arise, resolving them where possible and appropriate and reporting them as necessary.
• Participates in audit programs, as required.
• To ensure all relevant departmental activity is in line with the specific requirements of and in the spirit of Company Policy.
• Capability to effectively communicate with guests and team members.
• Use judgment and reasoning to cope with difficult situations, such us preventing a guest from alcohol intoxication, dealing appropriately with an underage guest.
“Carding a minor and delivering a glass of water rather than refusing service or confronting the guest”
· Flexibility to work various schedules as business demands including nights, weekends and holidays
To apply for this job please visit jobal.in.