Website Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel
The Beach is our Backyard!
SIGN ON BONUS!! *$125 BONUS PAID WITH FIRST PAYCHECK AFTER 80 HOURS WORKED AND SECOND $125 PAID AFTER 90 DAYS OF EMPLOYMENT*
Primarily responsible for the supervision of the banquet staff and coordinates all food and beverage services within the banquet department. Train the banquet team and also oversees the enforcement of hotel standards on setting up the banquet hall, up keeping, service, break away, event courses, cleaning, staff grooming and hygiene
• Meet and greet guests in a friendly and warm manner.
• Coordinates with the event host on all aspects of the banquet function.
• Performs planning and organization functions for the banqueting department like maintaining the banquet logbook, maintaining and updating function sheets / BEO etc.
• Checks banquet rooms, service, and kitchen areas for cleanliness, proper set up, and make sure sufficient supplies and equipment are available for the function.
• Oversee all aspects of assigned banquet function activities, ensuring that food counters are properly set and ready for execution at the appointed time.
• Ability to respond quickly and accurately to guest requests.
• Plan the event course and orchestrates its completion in a timely, quiet and courteous manner.
• Observe guests to fulfill any additional requests, to perceive when next course should begin or when meal is completed.
• Adhering to all banquet standard process and also hotel standard policies and procedures.
• Supervises and trains staff in the set up and break down of assigned banquet rooms according to contract and managers instructions.
• Supervises and trains staff in the service of food and beverages according to standards.
• Discuss any last-minute changes with the banquet team.
• Ensure all guest requirements are set and ready 30 minutes before event start time (for Buffets cold food out 30 min prior hot food out 15 minutes prior).
• Coordinates function details with banquet, conference planning and kitchen staff.
• Maintain constant contact with the banquet chef to ensure conclusion between food production and food service.
• Monitor banquet personnel in the performance of their duties.
• Assist in conducting pre-shift and pre-function meetings.
• Actively participates in set up of banquet rooms and service of food and beverage to guests.
• Communicates frequently with fellow supervisors and banquet managers as to the progress of the day’s work.
• Communicates frequently with function hosts in order to ensure that their needs are being met.
• Ensures all guest checks are billed and signed by the host according to planned arrangements.
• Ensures accurate daily sales reconciliation and postings are completed and provided to the Front office.
• Display awareness and compliance with hotels security, safety, emergency and energy procedures.
• Ensure high grooming and hygiene standards are met by all banquet staff.
• Monitors the profitability of functions to minimize waste and broken or lost supplies.
• Assists the Banquet Manager to establish maintenance, repair, and cleaning schedules for all banquet equipment and facilities.
• Guide, direct, and motivate banquet staff, provide guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Flexibility to work various schedules as business demands including nights, weekends and holidays.
To apply for this job please visit jobal.in.