Website Holiday Inn and Suites North Beach
Amazing oceanfront resort hotel
Recreation Supervisor at Holiday Inn North Beach – $14 per hour
One of the most important decisions you will ever make is where to bring your special talent. The Coastal Hospitality leader possesses a natural talent for service and is invigorated about the art and profession of being in service to others. If this speaks to you, Coastal Hospitality may be the perfect place to grow your career.
We are currently seeking an experienced Recreation Supervisor to round out our outstanding team of professionals at our beautiful Holiday Inn North Beach. This position will report to the Director of Operations and the Front Office Manager.
What You Will Bring To This Role:
The Supervisor for the Recreation Department is responsible for supervising, training and inspecting the performance of the associates within the department and ensuring that all service standards are met. Assist where necessary to ensure optimum service and that guests’ needs are met.
Some of Your Responsibilities Would Be:
• Maintain thorough knowledge of the Recreation Department including child drop off procedures and policies, daily duties of the department, supervisory aspects and guest interactions.
• Maintain complete knowledge of how to properly clean and sanitize all areas for the Splash Kamp, including tables and chairs, toys, games and the room itself (carpet, windows, doors) and tortoise areas
• Be familiar with all games, events and activities both inside Splash Kamp, at the pool and on the yard.
• Maintain complete knowledge of and abide by state and federal guidelines concerning hosting a children’s activity area
• Assign work and side duties to staff in accordance with departmental procedures. Communicate additions or changes
to the assignments as they arise throughout the shift. Ensure that all assigned tasks are completed prior to staff sign out.
• Check storage areas frequently for proper supplies, organization and cleanliness.
• Complete requisition for additional supplies needed and submit to the Recreation Supervisor
• Attend designated meetings
• Assist with preparation of the weekly schedules for the department as requested
• Assist with hiring and training current and new staff members
• Coordinate staff schedules and breaks Constantly monitor staff performance in all phases of service, job functions, ensuring that all procedures are carried out to departmental standards.
• Comply with quality assurance expectations and company standards.
• Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
Maintain positive guest relations at all times. Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
• Maintain a collaborative workplace by assisting co-workers and working in a team environment. Maintain positive working relationships.
• Participate in learning and development opportunities
• Must pass background screen and be able to work with children
• Minimum of 1 year experience in customer service or prior hospitality experience
• Possess a good command of the English language and the ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate with guests, both in person and by telephone.
• Availability requirement typically includes 30-40 hours per week; must have the ability to work a varied schedule that includes evenings, nights, holidays and weekends.
• Current or recent enrollment in a graduate or undergraduate degree program with an interest and aptitude to work in Recreation.
• Analytical and critical thinking combined with strong written communication and summarization skills.
• Must be efficient in Microsoft Office Programs including, but not limited to: Word, excel, and PowerPoint.
• Strong interpersonal skill, problem-solving abilities and organization
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Superior written & verbal communication skills
• Ability to adhere to deadlines
Candidates must be willing to work a varied schedule to include days, nights, weekends and holidays.
How You’ll Be Rewarded:
A chance to learn something new every day in a fun, friendly work environment!
Employee Assistance Program
Associate Travel Discounts per Brand Guidelines
To apply for this job please visit coastalhospitalityhotels.com.