Website Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Oceanfront Restaurant with the best burgers and views!
Looking to add a Guest Service Agent to our team! To perform in a pleasant, professional and efficient manner, a combination of duties mainly related, but not limited, to check-in and check-out of guests which contributes to an overall positive experience.
· Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests.
· Issues room key and escort instructions to Bell person or directly to guest as appropriate, without announcing room numbers.
· Date-stamps, sorts and racks incoming mail and messages.
· Transmits and receives messages using equipment such as telephone, fax and switchboard.
· Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services, registration of guests and shopping, dining, entertainment and travel directions.
· Keeps records of room availability and guests’ accounts.
· Computes bill, collects payment and makes change for guests.
· May make, confirm and cancel reservations for guests.
· Posts charges such as room, food, liquor or telephone by hand or machine.
· May make restaurant, transportation or entertainment reservations for guests.
· May deposit guests’ valuables in hotel safe or safe-deposit box.
· May order complimentary flowers or Champaign for special guests at management’s direction
· Understands and enforces the hotel company credit policies.
· Accounts for all cash and makes deposits in accordance with hotel and company policies.
· Communicates effectively with other front office and hotel departments.
· Reports to work for scheduled shift, on time and in uniform in accordance with company policy.
· Knows and complies with all company policies and procedures pertaining to this position and its duties.
· Takes the initiative to greet guests in a friendly and warm manner.
· Cross sells other Shamin Hotels.
Performs other related duties as required
Education & Experience:
· High school diploma or GED certification required.
· One to two years of experience in customer service with proven customer service skills.
· Excellent Computer and phone skills required.
· Basic Reading, Writing and Math skills required.
· Ability to speak English fluently.
· Hotel Front Desk Experience a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee will be required to:
· Long and varied hours standing are often required (8+ hours).
· Ability to use hands to fingers, handle, feel, talk and hear
· Bending, reaching, stooping or crouching on occasion
· Light work – Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
· Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
· Ability to see, hear, speak, read, write and understand English.
· Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly, both oral and written in English.
· Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately
· Must be able to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations including the ability to handle guest complaints and disputes while resolving them even if the situation did not begin with them.
· Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure. Must be respectful and maintain a calm demeanor.
· Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems.
· Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from various sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
· Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying concerns and issues raised by team members and guests.
· Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic function.
· Must be able to work with a myriad of personalities and levels within the hotel and outside sources
· Must be able to negotiate with clients while understanding the budgeted goals of the hotel(s) that need to be attained
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $10.25 per hour
All Hotel guests are employees are required to wear a face covering in our public areas of the hotel. We have implemented HiltonCleanStay program to ensure extra sanitizing and social distancing is practiced.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.