Website Founders Inn and Spa Tapestry Collection by Hilton
BASIC FUNCTION: The Cook assists with production and fabrication of food products for kitchen preparation, cafeteria, banquet cooking, dining room, and fine dining. The Cook should maintain a passive leadership role in maintaining adequate production level form the Kitchen staff.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
Three years experience in heavy volume food production.
High school diploma or equivalent experience/training.
Meet governmental health requirements.
Ability to operate kitchen power equipment.
Ability to utilize cutting instruments.
Ability to transport, handle and/or lift 40 lbs. (NOTE: kitchen equipment and food and non-food items).
Ability to effectively communicate in the English language.
1. Assuming the duties of the appropriate Kitchen Department heads in their absence.
2. Communicating daily with the Chef on Duty for job assignments.
3. Producing and fabricating food products daily for the Dining Room, Fine Dining Room, cafeteria and banquets.
4. Maintaining a high level of sanitation and safety in the Kitchen area.
5. Possessing knowledge of all Kitchen hardware and their particular functions for use in breakdown and cleaning.
6. Dating all fabricated food items before storage.
7. Utilizing all trimmings, excess and unused portions of fabricated food items.
8. Assisting the Chef on Duty with banquets and/or conference dining dish out for food service.
9. Adhere to the policies of the Resort as set forth in the Employee Handbook and report any observed violations to Human Resources.
10. Maintain the highest level of employee/guest relations.
11. Maintain a good working relationship with all Departments.
12. Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
Ability to work any assigned shift/work schedule.
Any other task, written or verbal, assigned by Management.
To apply for this job please visit www.facebook.com.