Website Best Western Plus Sandcastle Best Western Plus Sandcastle
Best Western Plus Sandcastle
Kindly Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for an experienced Housekeeping Supervisor to assist with all facets of the Housekeeping Department ensuring high levels of guest service and satisfaction.
· Assist Executive Housekeeper in areas of housekeeping, including staff, hiring, firing, performance evaluations, training and development.
· Oversee staff on a daily basis
· Assist with keeping the team motivated.
· Assist with cleaning projects.
· Assist with maintaining linen inventories and cleaning supplies.
· Assist with Enforcing policies and procedures.
· Assist with making sure quality services are rendered in meeting guest needs and that guest relations are enhanced.
· Assist with scheduling
· Assist with Maintaining room quality based on hotel objectives.
· Assist with Monitoring and maintaining level of cleanliness in rooms, storage areas, laundry, restrooms and public areas.
· Reports accurate status of guest rooms to front office.
· Assist with Enforcing standard procedures for the acceptance, security, and return on guest lost and found items.
· Assist with Maintaining standard procedures and safety.
· Assist with Maintaining productivity and labor cost goals.
· Assist with conducting inventories of linen, supplies and equipment as required.
· Assist with Ordering and receiving of supplies to maintain adequate inventory levels.
· Assist with staff interactions with guests in a warm and friendly manner.
· Knows and complies with all company policies and procedures pertaining to this position and its duties.
· Rewards employees who use their empowerment to meet or exceed guest expectations.
· Assist with Managing Lost and Found items left at the hotel.
· Flexibility to work various schedules as business demands including nights, weekends and holidays.
· Performs other related duties as required.
Education & Experience:
· High school diploma or GED certification required or equivalent experience.
· 3 + years of hotel housekeeping experience.
· 1+ years of supervisory or management experience.
· Experience as a Room attendant and Housekeeping Supervisor
· Must have basic Reading, Writing, and Math skills.
· Computer skills required.
· Experience with Hotel Brand systems preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee will be required to:
Stand or walk for long periods of time (8+ hours)
Lift, carry, push or pull up to 20 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds on occasion.
Reach and extend arms above and below the waist frequently.
Bend, stoop, crouch, kneel, twist and climb frequently and stand on ladder occasionally
Exposure to harmful chemicals, odors and potentially infectious materials.
· Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly, both oral and written in English.
· Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately
· Must be able to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations including the ability to handle guest complaints and disputes while resolving them.
· Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure. Must be respectful and maintain a calm demeanor.
· Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems.
· Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying concerns and issues raised by team members and guests.
· Must be able to work with a myriad of personalities and levels within the hotel and outside sources
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Starting at $10.75 per hour
All guests of the hotel and employees must wear face coverings and gloves. We all must practice hand sanitation and social distancing.
To apply for this job please visit www.bestwesternva.com.